What We Are Doing To Ensure Your Safety
Conveniently located to serve Monmouth County, and all of New Jersey, including Toms River, Freehold, and the Middletown area.
Your safety is our top priority. In an effort to provide our patients and staff with a safe environment, we have taken a number of steps to comply with all state and local regulations regarding COVID-19.
- We have implemented a new check-in process. Kindly call or text us when you arrive and we will check you in. We ask you to wait in your car or in one of the outside seating areas. A staff member will meet you at the door for your appointment and take you directly back to an exam room.
- All staff members must wear appropriate PPE to ensure protection of themselves and patients.
- Appropriate face coverings MUST be worn by patients to enter the building.
- To ensure social distancing, we have staggered appointment times to minimize patient flow in the office.
- Temperature screenings of all staff and patients entering the building will now be done, including a COVID-19 questionnaire.
- Glass barriers have been installed at reception and the nurse’s station to protect patients and staff members.
- Enhanced cleaning processes are in place to ensure cleanliness of treatment rooms, equipment and high contact areas.
We know these are challenging times for everyone, and we thank you for your continued support and cooperation as we try to provide you with a safe and comfortable experience at our practice.
COVID-19 Consent Form
Coronavirus (COVID-19)- A message from Michael Nagy, MD FACS
During this time of uncertainty and stress as we face this new health threat, I wanted to take this opportunity to reach out to our patients to hopefully offer you some reassurance that here at Plastic Surgery of the Face & Body your comfort and safety is our utmost concern and priority. As a physician, I am constantly receiving and reviewing information as it comes out daily from the CDC as well as state and local agencies regarding COVID-19. We have many safeguards in place that any good medical practice should have to ensure the safety of not just our patients but our employees, and will remain diligent to continue these practices. At the same time, we kindly ask that if you are not feeling well to please reschedule your appointment. We will make every effort to accommodate you with rescheduling at a convenient time. We all must do our part to protect not only ourselves, but those around us as well. With due diligence, we will get through this together.
In good health,
Michael Nagy MD and Staff
COVID-19 vaccine and Dermal Fillers-
December 29th, 2020
It has recently been reported that three patients in the United States with dermal fillers (such as Juvederm, Voluma, Volbella, Restylane, Restylane Kisse, RHA, etc.) have had adverse reactions to the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. Dermal fillers do not include Botox, Xeomin, Dysport or other neurotoxins.
In two of these cases localized facial swelling occurred after vaccination, and in one swelling of her lips two days after vaccination. Each of these cases resolved after treatment with steroids and/or antihistamines. There have been no reported cases in patients receiving the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
These incidents are very rare, and these facial swelling reactions have been mild and responded quickly to treatment. None of the cases required the use of an EpiPen or hospitalization, none were considered life threatening, and there were no long-term complications in those reporting facial swelling after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. As with all vaccines, swelling of the face and lips is not an uncommon side effect regardless of having dermal fillers.
Having a history of dermal fillers should not bar anyone from being vaccinated. The risks of acquiring and being infected with the COVID-19 virus far outweigh the risks from a reaction to one of the vaccines if the patient has a history of using dermal fillers.
The FDA and the American Society of Plastic Surgeon continue to monitor for similar reactions. We will update you as necessary.
Please contact us if you have any questions and/or believe you may be experiencing an event related to dermal fillers and the COVID-19 vaccine.
We wish you the very best in the New Year,
Dr. Nagy and Staff