Dr. Rahul Vemula, Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
A New Jersey native, Dr. Vemula joined Dr. Michael Nagy, Plastic Surgery of the Face and Body in August, 2016. He believes that patient safety is of utmost importance and every procedure should be approached with precise attention to detail and an aesthetic sense. Dr. Vemula employs the latest techniques & technologies available in both aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. He resides locally in Monmouth County with his wife.
Specialties and Skills
Dr. Vemula performs all aspects of aesthetic surgery such as facelifts, browlifts, upper and lower blepharoplasty, primary and revision rhinoplasty, breast augmentation, breast reduction, mastopexy, body contouring, liposuction, abdominoplasty, brachioplasty, body lifts, thigh lift, and Brazilian butt lifts using the latest techniques in fat grafting. In addition, he also practices non-surgical aesthetic medicine including BOTOX and injectable fillers such as Juvederm and Restalyne.
Dr. Vemula has a special interest in breast reconstruction. Having trained in New Orleans, the birthplace of perforator flap microsurgical breast reconstruction, Dr. Vemula brings this advanced skill set to the Jersey Shore.
Education and Training
Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Vemula graduated with high honors from Rutgers University & the Rutgers Business School, New Brunswick, NJ with a degree in Finance and Economics. He earned his doctorate from The University of Medicine and Dentistry, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School also in New Brunswick. Dr. Vemula completed a five year general surgery residency at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, NJ, followed by a highly coveted residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at The Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Vemula has been published in prestigious plastic surgery journals such as Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Journal of Craniofacial Surgery and the Annals of Plastic Surgery. During his time at Tulane, Dr. Vemula had the opportunity to travel around the country to present his research at regional and national meetings.
Honors and Awards
- Diplomate- American Board of Plastic Surgeons
- Administrative Chief Resident, Tulane University Plastic Surgery 2015-2016
- 1st place team, Plastic Surgery Resident Jeopardy Competition. Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons Meeting, Amelia Island, Fl. – 2015
- Recipient of The Ward J. Dunnican Award: Presented to the surgical resident who has shown exemplary service in the field of General Surgery. Presented at the Monmouth Medical Center General Surgery Residency Graduation – 2013
- Recipient of Highest In-Service Award: Presented to the senior surgical resident with the highest score on the annual American Board of Surgery In-Service Training Examination. Presented at the Monmouth Medical Center General Surgery Residency Graduation – 2013
- 2nd place, Resident paper competition at the New Jersey Chapter of the American College of Surgeons Annual Meeting, Woodbridge, NJ – 2013